- I was born in Philippines province of Silay Bacolod City Negros Occidental, I’ll share with you some information about my hometown.
- Philippines population’s 102,766,804 equivalent to 1.37% of the total world populations 7,432,663,275
- The Philippines ranks number 12 in the list of countries by population
- The population density is 343 per km 2 (888 people per mi2)
- The total land area is 298,192 km 2 (115,133 sq miles)
- 44.9 % of the population is urban (45,842.660 people in 2016)
- The median age in the Philippines is 24.4 years
- Philippines Migrants (net) -120,000
Républiques des Philippines (Fra) , Republika ng Pilipinas (Fil), Republic of the Philippines (Eng)
The Philippines is a sovereign island country in the Southeast Asia situated in the Pacific Ocean. It consists of about 7,641 Islands . that are categorized broadly under the main geographical divisions from the North to South Luzon , Visayas, Mindanao. It shares a maritime border with the Taiwan to the north, Palau to the east, and Malaysia and Indonesia to the south. The Philippines became the Spanish empire for more than 300 years . In prehistoric times, Negritos were some of the archipelago’s earliest inhabitants. They were followed by successive waves of Austronesian people, exchanges with Chinese, Malay,Indian and Islamic states occurred. Aside from the period of Japanese occupation, the United States of America retained sovereignty over the islands until World war II.
- There are 120 languages in the Philippines
- Filipino and English are the National and official Languages
- Spanish and Arabic are to be promoted on an optional and voluntary basis.
- Islands in the Philippines categorized to the three major island groups Luzon,Visayas, and Mindanao( Flag of Philippines have 3 stars represents as 3 major islands)
- VISAYAS ISLAND was I came from Silay Bacolod Negros Occidental (sock design)
- Bacolod City Negros Occidental
- Skyline of Robinson’s Place Bacolod
- The Metro Inn
- Masskara Festival
- Pope John Paul II Tower
- Campuestohan Highland Resort
Bacolod City is a highly urbanized City in the Philippines. It is the capital of the province of Negros Occidental. Having a total of 561,875 inhabitants. It is part of the Bacolod Metropolitan area which also includes the Cities of Silay and Talisay with the total population of 791,019 . It is notable for its Masskara Festival held during the 3rd week of October known for being a relatively friendly City, it bears the nickname “The City of Smiles” ; Bacolod topped the survey as the “Best Place to live in the Philippines”. The City has also been declared by the Department of Science and Technology as a center of excellence for information technology and business process management operations. This is my City and this is my hometown. Come visit my place and have lots of fun only in the Philippines.http://www.chameriamtraveler.com